Galaxy gold is situated 6km west of Barberton in the Mpumalanga province in South Africa. Galane gold acquired Galaxy Gold in November 2015.
- Near term production asset with existing mine and processing facilities
- Cost is a fraction of replacement cost
- Ability to increase production in easy manageable steps with minimal capital requirements
- Ability to increase resource substantially
- Greenbelt underground project which is a good fit with our existing property Mupane both in location and skill set
Galaxy Gold is one of the oldest mining operations in South Africa with the discovery of gold by Jack Greaves in 1888.
Click to enlarge
Galaxy Potential Ore Sources
- Galaxy ore body – a massive pipe shaped ore body with a thickness of 35m and a strike of around 100m. Mining will be a fully mechanised long hole stoping.
- Woodbine and Giles ore bodies – both narrow steeply dipping with a thickness of up to 2.4m and a strike of 900m. Mining will be a fully mechanised cut and fill method.
- Princeton ore body – a steeply dipping ore body with a thickness of 2m and a strike of 300m. Mining will be a fully mechanised long hole stoping.